The overall responsibility of this position is to consistently demonstrate a high level of accuracy, organization, professionalism and excellent customer service relations with internal and external clients.
Accounting Duties (two separate companies):
· Collects, codes, enters and/or pays overhead payables by:
· Verifying vendor and transaction information.
· Distributing invoices to the appropriate individuals for review, coding and/or approval.
· Obtaining authorization for payment.
· Timely payment of payables in order to maximize discounts and avoid service charges.
· Distribution of open payables and payment preview reports to the appropriate parties.
· Timely vendor master maintenance.
· Enters new vendors in system from W-9s and issues vendor numbers.
· Updates vendor master file when notified of changes.
· Annually mails W-9s and updates vendor master file.
· Answers all overhead payable vendor account inquires and resolves discrepancies.
· Reconciles monthly bank accounts and credit card statements including:
· Downloading monthly statements and cleared checks listing
· Collecting credit card receipts
· Inputs accounts receivable invoices in an accurate and timely manner.
· Performs electronic bank deposits and records cash receipts.
· Downloads and posts ACH transactions.
· Maintains Comdata system by:
· Downloading statements and credit card transactions
· Recording ACH payments
· Updating master vendor file for new enrollees
· Administers purchase order system by:
· Assigning and disseminating purchase order numbers and blank purchase orders to users,
· Receiving, coding and entering completed P.O.s in accounting system and
· Distributing entered P.O.s to the appropriate Project Accountant.
· Administers 1099 compliance and reporting.
· Monthly sales tax return filing
· Assists Controller and Project Accountants with other duties as needed.
- Orders, stores and distributes general office supplies.
- Opening, sorting, processing and distributing mail and other deliveries.
- Distributing or administering accounting department emails.
- Gathering, sorting and distributing other accounting documents and related information as required.
- Receive phone call / distribute and VM monitoring for general mailbox.
- Monitoring subcontractors database.
- Misc. work as needed.
- College Degree or Certificate in Construction or Accounting or related office work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of office equipment and software.
- Proficient in grammar, spelling, typing, proofreading and organizational skills.
- Ability to lift and rotate 30 pounds.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending approved training.
- Maintains financial security through strict confidentiality, following of policies and procedures, and reporting of weaknesses in accounting controls to Controller.
- Contributes positively to a team effort by setting examples of confidentiality, courtesy, job flexibility, conscientiousness and dependability.
- All other duties as assigned by Director or Operations or Controller.
Stahl Construction Company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/ Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org