The overall responsibility of this position is to complete estimates for construction projects including quantity survey / pricing / budgeting / value analysis, preparing square foot estimates, systems-parametric estimates, comparisons, historical cost reports, and value engineering alternatives. In addition, this person will provide superior service to owners / architects / engineers, participate in the preconstruction process.
- Cost estimating and creating detailed estimates and budget break downs.
- Completes quantity takeoffs and summations of materials.
- Responsible for data input into estimating spreadsheet.
- Assist Owner & Preconstruction Manager in developing conceptual estimates, detailed estimates and future project budget.
- Assist in pricing options and providing recommendations for the projects.
- Maintain organized documentation of cost history establishing cost breakdowns by region, project and by division.
- Analyze historical project data for application to current projects.
- Support development team with preconstruction expertise and value engineering idea.
- Assist development team in gathering information from local government and authorities that may affect project budget, scope and schedule.
• Maintain and protect company confidentiality.
• Maintain flexibility to assist in all aspects of projects as needed.
• Maintain open lines of effective communication and provide the highest level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending appropriate training and update licenses as needed.
• Contribute positively to the team by setting examples of professionalism, loyalty, conscientiousness and dependability.
• College degree in design, engineering, architecture, or construction management or a minimum of 3 years related experience.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Procore, Viewpoint and other standard programs.
• BIM, Bluebeam, and/or other leading industry program experience preferred.
• Experience working in teams and directing fellow employees.
• Exceptional organizational and communications skills.
• Experience working on large municipal, education, hospitality, office, multi-unit or industrial projects.
Stahl Construction Company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/ Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Use the link below to access the employment application via Doherty Employer Services. Please no phone calls or emails regarding this position.