Field Superintendent (IA)
The overall responsibility of this position is to plan, direct, and monitor construction activities from initial project discussions through final completion, while maintaining safety, quality, cost, and schedule.
• Coordinates, plans and supervises subcontractors and/or craft activities for entire project.
• Maintains liaison with other departments to ensure all required materials, equipment and inspections are completed according to the project schedule.
• Review plans and specifications with architects and Project Manager to ensure completeness and clarify discrepancies; offer guidance as it relates to constructability and safety.
• Develop and update all daily field documentation and reporting.
• Prepare daily reports, hold regular safety meetings and direct weekly job site meetings with subcontractors and owner’s or owner’s representative.
• Coordinate all reporting requirements for subcontractors including safety documentation and daily reports.
• Review completeness and quality of subcontractor’s work on a daily basis including compliance with work rules and OSHA regulations.
• Coordinate and work with building officials to obtain all review and approval.
• Maintain, gather and complete all field closeout information.
• Prepare punchlist and direct subcontractors so that project is completed on a timely basis.
• Obtain all Certificates of Occupancy, both temporary and final.
• Manage time efficiently to meet established deadlines by pro-actively managing projects.
• Maintain clean, safe job site; promote safety as highest priority on job site.
• Maintain flexibility to assist in all aspects of any project as needed.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending training.
• Contribute positively to the team by setting examples of loyalty, conscientiousness and dependability.
• Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with subcontractors, architects, owners and members of project management team by earning trust and confidence.
• Minimum of 15 years commercial Project Superintendent experience.
• Documented safety and SWPP training.
• Building trade experience helpful.
• Expertise in structural concrete, structural steel, multi-story wood frame and multi-story construction.
• Experience working on large municipal, education, hospitality, office, multi-unit or industrial projects preferred.
• Must be willing to travel occasionally.
• Accurate and timely record keeping.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills; proven career of responsible decision making and ability to work with multiple subcontractors at once.
• Thorough understanding of construction sequence and practices.
• Computers skills; competent in use of Microsoft Word and Project.
• Schedule creation (via Microsoft Project) and management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively direct and coordinate subcontractors.
• Demonstrated ability to properly identify issues and follow through to completion.
• Courteous and respectful communication skills, including the ability to skillfully and professionally handle conflict situations.
• Ability to lift, push, pull and/or rotate 50 pounds.
Stahl Construction Company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/ Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Use the link below to access the employment application via Doherty Employer Services. Please no phone calls or emails regarding this position.