The overall responsibility of this position is to support the project management team by performing variety project accounting duties while consistently demonstrating a high level of personal initiative, dependability, accuracy, professionalism, and excellent customer service relations with both internal and external clients.
• Effective communication with project team members and Controller regarding all facets of the project accounting function. Participates in project meetings as the primary accounting department representative.
• Accurate and timely processing of subcontractor pay apps, vendor invoices, change orders, budget revisions and other job cost entries. Ensures approval from PMs/Superintendents before finalizing entries or processing of payments.
• Preparation of owner pay applications including compiling appropriate documentation and supporting schedules. Obtains approvals for owner billings from PMs and Superintendents before submitting applications.
• Proactively communicates with subcontractors, suppliers, vendors and unions to confirm current balances owed, resolve billing problems or payment.
• Regularly communicates with project team to ensure that subcontractor and vendor work has been accepted, compliance documents have been received and that payments are appropriate and authorized.
• Assists with new project setup and ongoing project maintenance by entering original budgets, budget revisions, subcontracts, change orders, new vendor setup, and other job cost adjustments. Scans and enters project, subcontractor, vendor and other supporting documentation into systems as required.
• Reviews project accounting reports to ensure accuracy and notifies project team of any discrepancies or adjustments needed.
• Maintains financial security through strict confidentiality, following of policies and procedures, and reporting of weaknesses in accounting controls to Controller.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending approved training.
• Contribute positively to the team effort by setting examples of confidentiality, courtesy, job flexibility, conscientiousness, dependability, professionalism and attention to customer service.
• All additional responsibilities / duties as directed by the Controller.
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting and / or finance, or equivalent work experience.
• Intermediate to advanced computer literacy including experience with Word, Excel and computerized accounting applications.
• Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a clear and professional manner.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team with emphasis on accuracy, communication and organizational skills and meeting of required deadlines.
• Strong work ethic including honesty, thoroughness and dependability.
This position reports to the Controller.
Stahl Construction Company, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/ Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Use the link below to access the employment application via Doherty Employer Services. Please no phone calls or emails regarding this position.