Senior Project Manager
The overall responsibility of this position is to effectively lead pre-construction efforts and also manage General Contractor, Construction Management, and Design Build project work from bid preparation through final closeout and acceptance by client resulting in a quality product that maintains the company goals and objectives for schedule and cost.
• Cost estimating and creating detailed estimates and budget break downs.
• Phasing and site logistics planning.
• Bid strategy development.
• Solicitation of subcontractor bids and coordination of plan distribution to ensure bid coverage.
• Review and negotiation of work scopes and contracts with subcontractors.
• Create and develop construction schedules including rolling schedules and master schedules.
• Responsible for budget and ultimate financial condition of project.
• Obtain local licenses, certifications and certificates of insurance to meet owner’s contract requirements.
• Review billing requirements with accounting department, design professionals and clients or clients lending institutions.
• Negotiate modifications with owners, architects and subcontractors through effective contract management and thorough knowledge of contract law.
• Effectively lead meetings to ensure the company’s interests are protected while promoting relationship based service to our clients and designers.
• Train and mentor other staff members in specific skill sets and company process.
• Maintain and protect company confidentiality.
• Maintain flexibility to assist in all aspects of projects as needed.
• Maintain open lines of effective communication and provide the highest level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending appropriate training and update licenses as needed.
• Contribute positively to the team by setting examples of professionalism, loyalty, conscientiousness and dependability.
• College degree in design, engineering, architecture, or construction management or a minimum of 10 years related experience.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Prolog, Viewpoint and other standard programs.
• BIM, Bluebeam, LEED accredited and/or other leading industry program experience preferred.
• Experience working in teams and directing fellow employees.
• Exceptional organizational and communications skills.
• Experience working on large municipal, education, hospitality, office, multi-unit or industrial projects.
• Ability to lift and rotate 30 pounds.
This position reports to the Director of Project Management.
Stahl Construction Company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/ Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Use the link below to access the employment application via Doherty Employer Services. Please no phone calls or emails regarding this position.